Top 10 Things to Do in Denver [The Ultimate Bucket List]
Denver is filled with incredible experiences, making it one of the most exciting places to live and visit. In this article, we’ve narrowed it down to the top 10 things to do in Denver for the ultimate bucket list. From dining and shopping to relaxing at a beer spa and tasting local wine, there’s something for everyone.
Below, we’ll share 10 unforgettable Denver experiences, and at the end, we’ll share a few more ideas for those looking for a longer list.
You might also be interested in reading: 3 Days in Denver: How to Spend a Weekend in Denver, CO
Top 10 Things to Do in Denver
The Mile High City is bursting with fun things to see and do. From unique experiences to Denver rites of passage activities, here are the top 10 things to do:
- Explore Denver Union Station.
- Scoot around Confluence Park.
- Visit the Colorado State Capitol.
- Go to the Molly Brown House Museum.
- Watch baseball at Coors Field.
- Taste wine at The Infinite Monkey Theorem.
- Relax at Oakwell Beer Spa.
- Go brewery hopping.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at Temper Chocolates.
- Dine and drink with a view.
The best part is that you can do most of these in a day. In fact, aside from baseball at Coors Field (since this is a longer activity), you can go down this list for an entire bucket list day in Denver.
1. Explore Denver Union Station.
Denver Union Station is an iconic historical landmark situated in the heart of downtown. This renovated train station boasts boutiques, award-winning restaurants, and bars. You can even begin your day here with a delicious brunch at Snooze.
If you visit Union Station during summer, you’ll likely find a farmers market, concert, or other local events. Just outside of Union Station, you can also explore the bustling LoDo (Lower Downtown) neighborhood.
Allow: 1-3 hours
2. Scoot around Confluence Park.
Also in LoDo is Confluence Park, peacefully tucked away from the hustle. This picturesque park sits where Cherry Creek and South Platte River meet. It’s the perfect place to scoot, bike, walk around, or simply relax.
You can also play in the water if you’re up for an adventure. In fact, you can rent kayaks or river tubes at Confluence Kayak.
Allow: 30 minutes – 2 hours
3. Visit the Colorado State Capitol.
Whether you’re a history buff or you want the perfect spot to see Denver from above, the Colorado State Capitol is a great spot to visit. It’s a beautiful building, and visitors can head to the top for unmatched views of the city. Best of all, tours are free.
Allow: 30 minutes to 1 hour for a self-guided tour or 90 minutes for a guided tour
4. Go to the Molly Brown House Museum.
Once an American philanthropist, activist, and socialite’s home, the Molly Brown House Museum is now a historical site. You can find interesting memorabilia from the Titanic and unique antiques. The architecture of the home is also one-of-a-kind.
Allow: 30 minutes to an hour
5. Watch baseball at Coors Field.
You can’t have a list of the top 10 things to do in Denver without baseball at Coors Field. Baseball season runs from early April to early October, and seeing the Colorado Rockies play at Coors Field is the perfect Denver bucket list experience.
Not only can you watch baseball, but you can also take a tour of the stadium when there aren’t games. Concerts also take place at Coors Field.
Allow: about 3 hours
6. Taste wine at The Infinite Monkey Theorem.
One of our all-time favorite activities in Denver is tasting wine at The Infinite Monkey Theorem. Conveniently located on Larimer Street, this is a well-worth-it stop.
The Infinite Monkey Theorem is a lively, industrial chic winery and taproom. They offer wine tastings and tours, offering delicious bottled, kegged, and canned wines. They also have regular events like trivia and comedy night.
Allow: 30 minutes to 2 hours
7. Relax at Oakwell Beer Spa.
Denver’s newest day spa, Oakwell Beer Spa, offers an unmatched experience for rejuvenation. Oakwell Beer Spa is a craft beer taproom and relaxing spa, combined into one.
Guests can enjoy local craft beers, wine, cider, and non-alcoholic beverages alongside unique spa treatments. Kick back in a private Beer Therapy™ room, with a bubbly beer bath, infrared sauna, and rain shower. Oakwell Beer Spa also has a relaxation lounge, where you can enjoy a Zero Gravity Massage.
Guests can walk in to visit the taproom and/or the Relaxation Lounge or book an appointment for the private Beer Therapy™ room.
Allow: 2 – 3 hours; The Beer Therapy Room lasts for 90 minutes.
8. Go brewery hopping.
Denver’s known for its incredible beer scene, and brewery hopping is a must-do if you like beer! In fact, Denver and its surrounding metro area are home to about 150 craft breweries.
It’s easy to brewery hop on your own, especially around the LoDo district. You can also join guided brewery tours.
Allow: 1-3 hours
You might also be interested in reading: Beer in Denver: How to Enjoy Denver’s Delicious Beer Scene
9. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Temper Chocolates.
The best way to satisfy your sweet tooth in Denver? Visit Temper Chocolates, a local chocolate shop located in The Denver Central Market. It’s easy to make a quick stop here and grab some delicious gourmet chocolates.
Allow: a few minutes
10. Dine and drink with a view.
Appreciating Denver’s gorgeous skyline is easily one of the best things to do. And what better way to do this than with dinner and/or drinks?
Denver is home to some incredible rooftop restaurants and bars. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Linger: a lively restaurant and bar with a stunning rooftop lounge
- ViewHouse Ballpark: a restaurant with a rooftop terrace overlooking Coors Field
- Tap Fourteen – Rooftop Beer Garden: a bar and grill with local beers, whiskey, and far offering picture-perfect skyline views
- El Five: a quaint, quirky rooftop bar serving tapas and drinks
- 54thirty Rooftop: Denver’s highest open-air bar, located on the 20th floor of Le Méridien Hotel
Allow: 2-3 hours
Other Must-Do Things In and Near Denver
Denver truly has no shortage of bucket list experiences. While the top 10 things to do in Denver should have you covered for unforgettable experiences, here are some other activities worth mentioning.
- Attend an event at the Colorado Convention Center.
- Visit the National Ballpark Museum.
- Watch a show at the Denver Performing Arts Complex.
- Check out the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame.
- Do yoga or see a show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
- Shop at 16th Street Mall.
- Take a drive along Mount Evans Scenic Highway.
- Visit the Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Take a day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Top 10 Things to Do in Denver: Final Thoughts
Dining, drinking, relaxing at a beer spa, visiting local parks, and exploring history are just a few ways to get the best of Denver. We hope we’ve inspired you to create your very own Denver bucket list! The Mile High City is truly one of the most interesting places with unmatched experiences.
Check out this article to learn more about our absolute favorite Denver activity – a beer bath at Oakwell Beer Spa!