Left Hand Brewing at Oakwell Beer Spa: September 2023
If you’re looking for the best things to do in Denver in September, we have you covered at Oakwell Beer Spa. We’re an award-winning day spa with beer-inspired treatments. In this article, we’re sharing what you can expect at your relaxing visit to Oakwell Beer Spa and which beers you can enjoy.
Every month, Oakwell Beer Spa features a local Colorado brewery and shares five of its best beers. This September, we’re excited to partner with Left Hand Brewing for a second time!
And if beer isn’t your thing, no problem. We serve other delicious beverages too.
Continue reading to learn more about Left Hand Brewing and Oakwell Beer Spa’s unique and fun experience.
Fun Facts About Left Hand Brewing
Before diving into which Left Hand Brewing beers you can enjoy at Oakwell Beer Spa this September, let’s check out some fun brewery facts.
- Left Hand Brewing was founded in Longmont, Colorado, and is getting ready to celebrate 30 years.
- They’re an independent brewery and one of few that’s partially employee-owned.
- The brewery also opened its first outpost in Denver last year. Left Hand RiNo Drinks & Eats is a full-service restaurant and bar.
- Beer drinkers worldwide can enjoy Left Hand’s brews. They distribute beer to 46 states and internationally.
- Left Hand is Colorado’s most-awarded brewery. Last year, they were even named “Brewery of the Year” in the 15,000-100K barrel category by the Brewers Association.
- The first beer Left Hand brewed was the Sawtooth Amber Ale, which took Gold the same year in the Great American Beer Festival. The Sawtooth has won seven medals since, is still being brewed, and is one of Left Hand’s most popular beers.
- In 2011, they became the first American brewery to release nitrogenated beer in a bottle with Milk Stout Nitro. Beers carbonated with nitrogen instead of CO2 create a lightly carbonated brew with a creamy texture and smoother flavor profile.
- Over the last decade, Left Hand has become well-known for its nitro beer innovation. A few fan favorites include the Milk Stout Nitro, White Russian Nitro, and Key Lime Pie Nitro.
- Left Hand Brewing isn’t only passionate about beer, but they also focus on building community with two pillars: Team Left Hand and the Left Hand Brewing Foundation. Team Left Hand is a cycling team that helps fund the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The Left Hand Brewing Foundation supports local nonprofits.
September Brews at Oakwell Beer Spa
From a traditional Pilsner and a flavorful Sour Ale to a classic Pale Ale and a fun Oktoberfest, there’s something for everyone at Oakwell Beer Spa to enjoy sipping during a therapeutic spa day.
Pilsner, 5.2% ABV
The 1265 Pilsner is ideal for beer drinkers who love a traditional Pilsner. Its light bready malts are reminiscent of a freshly baked baguette. It has light hop citrus notes with a just-right amount of subtle spicy flavor.
Breezy Does It
Sour Ale, 4.8% ABV
What better way to end your summer than relaxing at the spa while sipping a passion fruit sour ale? The Breezy Does It features lively tropical fruit notes, supported by a subtle malt and a floral hop profile. It’s so good, you’ll probably want a couple!
Meyer Lemon Drop Shandy
Shandy, 5.5% ABV
The Meyer Lemon Drop is a refreshing shandy perfect for unwinding at the spa. It’s bright, zesty, golden, and hazy in color. The fresh Meyer lemon adds a citrusy, slightly tart flavor but is also sweet as a lemon drop.
Left Hand IPA
India Pale Ale, 6.6% ABV
This Rocky Mountain IPA is packed with premium hops and exudes citrus, melon, and stone fruit notes. It has a subtle sweet malty backbone and is a favorite for IPA lovers.
Marzen Lager, 6.6% ABV
Celebrate Oktoberfest at Oakwell Beer Spa with Left Hand’s delicious Oktoberfest brew. It balances malt-driven notes of bread crust, biscuit, and toasted pretzel with a dry, spicy finish. It’s the perfect beer as we go into the fall season!
September’s Beer Bath Blend at Oakwell Beer Spa
While you enjoy your delicious Left Hand Brewing beer at Oakwell Beer Spa this September, you’ll unwind in a bubbly beer bath. The Beer Bath Hydrotherapy is our signature spa service and offers many wellness benefits and relaxation.
You’ll soak in a cedar hydrotherapy tub filled with warm water and a rejuvenating blend of beneficial nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. September’s beer bath blend uses Comet Hops with Crystal Malt from Left Hand’s IPA. It also has our herb of the month, Juniper Berries.
It’s easy to leave your worries behind with this therapeutic mix of hops, malt, and Juniper Berries. It has stimulating properties that help soothe tired muscles and protective antioxidants that hydrate and smooth your skin.
Below, we’re answering common questions to help you make the most of your experience at Oakwell Beer Spa this September.
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Absolutely! In Oakwell Beer Spa taproom, you’ll find beer and other beverages to enjoy during your spa day.
The only place we ask you not to take your drink is the Relaxation Lounge, where you can enjoy the Zero Gravity Massage experience.
What spa services do you offer anyways?
Unlike your traditional day spa with manicures and facials, we offer unique spa services. At Oakwell Beer Spa, indulge in self-care with Beer Bath Hydrotherapy, an Infrared Sauna, and a Zero Gravity Massage experience.
We also offer group and spa party packages.
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
Guests love our self-serve beer wall because it’s fun and easy to use. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Receive an RFID card upon arrival you can use to scan and unlock taps on the beverage wall.
- Check out the rotating selection of Left Hand Brewing beers on tap and other beverages. You’ll find tasting notes and the price per ounce for each drink.
- Choose your drink, scan your card, and pour as much or as little as you’d like.
- When you’re ready to check out, take your card to the reception desk to pay for the ounces you poured.
Can I just stop by for a beer without a spa treatment?
Of course! We welcome you to come enjoy a drink and hang out in our cozy taproom, whether you book a spa appointment or not.
Does Oakwell Beer Spa have anything else to drink besides beer?
Yes, we offer a selection of delicious drinks. We understand beer might not be your thing, or sometimes you’re in the mood for something else. You’ll also find wine, cider, tea, and kombucha in the taproom.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Please do! You’re welcome to hang out in the taproom for as long as you’d like. Feel free to arrive early and hang out after your appointment. We have comfortable seating in a peaceful space, perfect for unwinding.
See you this September at Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver!
We hope to see you at Oakwell Beer Spa this September for a rejuvenating spa day paired with delicious beer from Left Hand Brewing.
You can also walk in to visit the taproom or enjoy a Zero Gravity Massage experience.
By: Polly Clover