May Tap Takeover at Oakwell Beer Spa: Diebolt Brewing Company
If you’re looking for something to do in Denver in May, look no further than Oakwell Beer Spa. Enjoy a rejuvenating spa day with tasty beers from Diebolt Brewing Company.
Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver is an award-winning day spa where guests can enjoy beer-inspired spa treatments and local craft beer. We partner with a local Colorado brewery every month and share 5 of their best beers. We’re excited to team up with Denver’s Diebolt Brewing Company this May!
Beer not your thing, but relaxation is? Not to worry! We serve other beverages too.
Keep reading to learn more about Diebolt Brewing and Oakwell Beer Spa’s unique spa day experience.
Fun Facts About Diebolt Brewing
Diebolt Brewing Company, also known as “the most fun craft brewery in the world,” has been serving creative brews in Denver since 2013.
Before we dive into which of their delicious brews you can enjoy at Oakwell Beer Spa this May, let’s look at some fun facts about Diebolt.
- When Dan Diebolt and his son Jack decided to take their homebrewing success to the next level in 2013, they moved from Oklahoma to Denver and quickly launched Diebolt Brewing Company. They’ve been making great beers and having fun in Denver’s Sunnyside neighborhood ever since.
- Their motto is “serious beers for unserious people” because they love having a good time while brewing a full lineup of outstanding beers of all genres.
- French Farmhouse styles are a Diebolt favorite, but they also brew various IPAs, dark and light lagers, barrel-aged stouts, and fruited sours. Sometimes they even experiment with new brews.
- Diebolt’s Braggart’s Brown Ale won a Silver medal at the Great American Beer Festival (GABF) in 2014. In 2018, their Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout, Vladislav, won the Gold medal.
- The brewery’s quaint tasting room welcomes local and traveling beer lovers to enjoy French-inspired brews, conversation, and laughter. Diebolt also has regular food truck vendors and local events, including mystery beer bags every Wednesday.
May Brews at Oakwell Beer Spa
From a drinkable lager to a flavorful sour beer, we have something for everyone to enjoy while relaxing at Oakwell Beer Spa.
American Lager, 4.5% ABV
If you enjoy a lager with a smooth flavor, Diebolt Brewing’s Boltlager is the perfect spa day beverage. Enjoy this easy-drinking American lager while you relax at Oakwell Beer Spa.
South African Pilsner, 5.26% ABV
Made There is the sixth chapter in Diebolt’s International Single Hopped Pilsner Series. They say, “It’s inspired by some knucklehead outta Texas who thought he could tell Colorado how to make beer.” This one’s a must-try!
Quick Sour, 6.5% ABV
Pair your spa day with grand slam flavor! Not much else says Spring like this deliciously fresh blackberry sour. It was named in honor of one of the Rockies’ finest, #19, and it doesn’t disappoint.
Session IPA, 4.9% ABV
Diebolt Brewing Company’s Colorado Greenback has been a fan favorite for almost a decade. It’s brewed with Cascade, Chinook, and Columbus for a light, clean, hoppy finish. It also offers a refreshing flavor, perfect for relaxing at Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver!
French Amber Ale, 5.2% ABV
The Anton Francois is a flagship beer and homage to Diebolt’s French heritage. It’s smooth and malty with just the right amount of dryness. This clean, refreshing French Ale takes any spa day up a notch.
May’s Beer Bath Blend at Oakwell Beer Spa
While enjoying your delicious beer from Diebolt Brewing Company at Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver, you can relax in a bubbly beer bath and reap incredible wellness benefits. The Beer Bath Hydrotherapy is our signature spa service that melts your stresses away.
Soak in a cedar hydrotherapy tub filled with warm water and a therapeutic herbal blend containing beneficial vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. May’s beer bath uses Chinook Hops with Vienna Malt from Diebolt’s Greenback Colorado IPA. It also has our herb of the month, Marjoram.
This bath blend is a fantastic combination that eases aches and pains, clears nasal pathways, and cleanses the skin and hair. You’ll finish your bath feeling like your best self and the perfect combination of energized and relaxed.
Fun fact: Many say the Greek God Aphrodite believed the herb Marjoram could bring good fortune!
Whether you’re new to Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver or simply want to learn more about the experience, we’ll answer common questions below.
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Yes, you can drink beer during your spa treatments. When you arrive at Oakwell Beer Spa, you’ll get a double-wall insulated stainless steel tumbler to keep your beverage cold, even while in the sauna and warm beer bath.
You can take your tumbler to your private Beer Therapy™ Room and in the taproom. The only place we ask guests not to have a beverage is in the Relaxation Lounge, where you can experience a Zero Gravity Massage.
If you need a refill during your spa services, you can put on the robe and slippers provided in your Beer Therapy™ Room. Or you can use the ring bell system, and we’ll top off your tumbler for you.
What spa services do you offer anyways?
Unlike your traditional day spa, we offer unique spa services at Oakwell Beer Spa. You can enjoy the rejuvenating Beer Bath Hydrotherapy, an Infrared Sauna, and a Zero Gravity Massage.
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
The self-serve beer wall is a favorite feature and is easy to use. Just follow these simple steps:
- Use the card we’ll give you when you arrive to unlock the taps on the beverage wall.
- Look at the rotating selection of Diebolt Brewing beers. We also have cider and wine. You’ll find tasting notes and the price per ounce with each drink.
- Select your drink, scan your card, and pour as much or little as you’d like.
- When it’s time to check out, you can take your card to the reception desk to pay for the ounces you poured.
Can I stop by for a beer without a spa service?
Absolutely! Our cozy taproom oasis is the perfect spot to enjoy a beer whether or not you book a spa service.
Does Oakwell Beer Spa have anything else to drink besides beer?
Yes, we offer a selection of beverages. We know beer isn’t everyone’s thing, or sometimes you’re in the mood for something else. That’s why we also have wine, cider, tea, and kombucha.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Of course! We welcome guests to hang out in the taproom for as long as they’d like. Feel free to arrive early or relax more after your appointment. Our taproom has ample seating and offers a peaceful vibe to unwind and enjoy a drink (or a few).
See you at Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver!
We hope to see you at Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver this May for a relaxing spa day and delicious beers from Diebolt Brewing Company.
By: Polly Clover