April Tap Takeover at Oakwell Beer Spa: Crooked Stave
If you’re looking for fun things to do in Denver in April, look no further! Oakwell Beer Spa is a unique day spa and taproom located in Denver’s vibrant Five Points neighborhood. We feature a local brewery each month, and we’re excited to share delicious beers from Crooked Stave this April.
Crooked Stave is a modern artisan brewery also located in Denver. At Oakwell Beer Spa, we’ll be sharing 5 tasting Crooked Stave brews with our guests. Enjoy a cold beverage while you relax at the spa. It doesn’t get better than that!
Let’s take a look at some fun facts about Crooked Stave and check out which of their beers we’ll be featuring.
Fun Facts About Crooked Stave
Crooked Stave was founded in Denver, Colorado in 2010 as an artisan beer project after owner and brewmaster Chad Yakobson wrote his Master’s thesis on Brettanomyces yeast species and how they’re used in the brewing industry. Crooked Stave Brewery has been doing awesome things ever since!
A few fun facts:
- Crooked Stave is a play on the word stave. A stave is one of many strong wooden slats, collectively bound together by metal hoops to shape a wooden barrel. The brewery’s name is a commitment to how closely they work together with each barrel. It embodies the love Crooked Stave puts into each beer.
- With a mission to stand out, Crooked Stave focuses on releasing especially Brettanomyces only, with wild, sour, and barrel-aged beers. And, each and every beer is made with whole fruit!
- As a modern artisan brewery with a quality-driven focus, they strive to progressively blend science and art through creativity. Extraordinary complex beers are the result!
- Crooked Stave values feedback, honesty, and integrity as they embrace creativity and variation using some of Colorado’s finest ingredients from local farmers.
- One of the brewery’s favorite traditions is harvest season. Each year, they have about 12,000 lbs of peaches delivered over 2 weeks. They cut each peach by hand and use them to make various peach beers, like the Peachy Sour, Petite Sour Peach, and Persica.
April Brews at Oakwell Beer Spa
So, what Crooked Stave beer can you expect to enjoy at Oakwell Beer Spa in April? You’re in luck if you enjoy pilsners, saisons, sour ales, IPAs, or stouts!
New Zealand Pilsner
Pilsner, 5.4% ABV
This light New Zealand-style pilsner is the perfect springtime beer! It’s dry-hopped with New Zealand hops with tropical fruit flavors added to the mix. It’s easy to enjoy this brew while unwinding at the spa.
Brett of a Kind
Saison, 4.5% ABV
Brett of a Kind is an easy-drinking saison. This refreshing beer is brewed with coriander, orange peel, and lemongrass.
Sour Ale, 4% ABV
If you enjoy bubbly and beer, you’ll definitely want to try the Sour Rosé during your visit to Oakwell Beer Spa! This fruity sour ale is aged in oak barrels with whole Washington raspberries and blueberries and showcases a champagne-like character.
New England IPA, 6% ABV
With a nice balance of sweet and sour, Juicy East is full of flavor. It’s double-dry-hopped with Azacca, Citrus, Mosaic, and Motueka. You’ll enjoy the tastes and aromas of citrus, tangerine, and lemon with this delicious beer.
Toasted Coconut Coffee Stout
Stout, 6.5% ABV
Get a little boost at Oakwell Beer Spa with Crooked Stave’s Toasted Coconut Coffee Stout. It’s brewed with Huckleberry coffee and toasted coconut, both of which you get generous notes of.
April’s Beer Bath Blend at Oakwell Beer Spa
What’s better than relaxing in a therapeutic Sour Rosé beer bath that’s packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients?
That’s right! This month at Oakwell Beer Spa, you’ll soak in a cedar tub of water that’s infused with Premium Pilsner Malt and a blend of Czech Saaz, Styrian Golding, and Hallertau Mittelfrüh Hops from Crooked Stave’s Sour Rosé. There’s also our herb of the month, St John’s Wort.
This soothing beer bath blend has various anti-aging benefits, such as reducing fine lines and wrinkles and hydrating your skin. Read more about the benefits of beer baths here!
If you’re new to Oakwell Beer Spa, you may have some questions about the experience. And, we’re happy to answer them!
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Definitely! You can sip on your Crooked Stave beer while you relax in our taproom and Beer Therapy™ Room. The only place we ask that you not take your beverage is into the Relaxation Lounge, where you can enjoy our special Zero Gravity Massage chairs.
Learn more about Oakwell Beer Spa experience here!
What spa services do you offer anyways?
In your private Beer Therapy Room, where your spa treatments take place, you can also find a relaxation deck and rain shower. You can enjoy your spa day alone, with a friend, on a date, or have a party.
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
Our self-serve beer wall allows you to pour any beverage(s) you’d like, as little or as much as you want! It’s actually pretty straightforward with these easy-to-follow steps:
- You’ll receive a card that unlocks the taps on the beverage wall when you arrive.
- You can take a look at our rotating selection of Crooked Stave beer. We also have wine and cider if you’re looking for something different. You’ll find tasting notes and the price per ounce for each beverage.
- Select your drink, scan your card, and pour any amount you’d like.
- When you’re ready to check out, you’ll bring your card to the reception desk and pay for the ounces you poured.
Can I just visit for a beer without a spa treatment?
Please do! We welcome anyone to come in and have a beer, whether you book a spa treatment or not. We have a cozy taproom where you can enjoy your beverage and hang out for as long as you’d like.
Is there anything else to drink at Oakwell Beer Spa besides beer?
Absolutely! We know beer isn’t everyone’s thing, or sometimes you’re in the mood for something else. Along with delicious Crooked Stave beer, we also have wine, cider, tea, and kombucha.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Of course! Our relaxed oasis is the perfect place for you to kick back before and after your spa day. Enjoy a drink, read a book, hang out with friends – whatever you’d like!
See You at Oakwell Beer Spa!
We hope to see you this April at Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver! Enjoy unique, delectable beer from Crooked Stave while you treat yourself to a spa day.
For more unique things to do in Denver, check out this article!