How to Have the Best Summer Sunday in Denver
Are you hoping to plan the perfect summer Sunday in Denver? Look no further! In this article, we’ll discuss the best things to do in Denver on Sunday and tips from locals.
Below, we’ll share how you can have a memorable Sunday, from enjoying nature and beer to live music and a unique spa day experience.
Related read: Denver in Summer: Fun Activities and Events for 2023
How to Have the Best Sunday in Denver
Our favorite way to spend a Sunday in the Mile High City is by experiencing the best of Denver’s food, outdoor, and beer scene.
Here’s a quick rundown of the best Sunday activities in Denver, with more details below!
- Have Breakfast at Snooze, an A.M. Eatery
- Go Hiking in Golden, CO
- Enjoy Local Beer with Lunch
- Hang Out at City Park (Picnic & Jazz Concert)
- Relax at Oakwell Beer Spa
We’ll also share other ideas for what to do on a Sunday in Denver.
Have Breakfast at Snooze, an A.M. Eatery
The perfect way to start your Sunday in Denver is with a delicious breakfast or brunch. While Denver is home to countless restaurants, Snooze, an A.M. Eatery is a popular spot.
There are several locations in Denver, with popular ones in Union Station and on Larimer Street and Colorado Blvd.
This vibrant, retro diner opens bright and early at 6:30 and serves various breakfast dishes with something for everyone.
The menu includes french toast, pancakes, breakfast sandwiches, and benedicts. There are also many cocktails and coffees to choose from.
Go Hiking in Golden, CO
After breakfast, we recommend taking a 20-30 minute drive to Golden for some hiking. Golden is one of the best places in Colorado for hiking, with picture-perfect mountain vistas and a secluded feel.
There are many stunning hiking locations in Golden, including:
- Genesee Park: various trails for beginner to advanced hikers in the largest park in the Denver Mountain Park system
- Mount Galbraith Park: 5 miles of several rocky hiking trails offering views of the Continental Divide
- Golden Canyon State Park: About 35 miles of pet-friendly hiking trails with beautiful scenery
Enjoy Local Beer with Lunch
Appreciating Colorado’s lively beer scene is easily one of our most favorite Sunday activities in Denver. Because what better way to cool down than with a cold beer?
There are over a hundred breweries in Denver. You can stop by one brewery or take yourself on a tour of a few.
Here are some of the best ones that also have an excellent lunch menu:
- Oskar Blues Grill & Brew: a modern saloon setting serving American fare and craft beer
- Odell Brewing Sloan’s Lake Brewhouse & Pizzeria: a brewery that also serves scratch-made pizza with a rooftop patio that overlooks the lake and mountains
- Wynkoop Brewing Company: Colorado’s first brewpub with over 20 beers on taps and tasty bar food
- Novel Strand Brewing Company: a funky brewery with daily food trucks
- Great Divide Brewing Company: a pet-friendly space with regular food trucks and an expansive beer menu
Hang Out at City Park (Picnic & Jazz Concert)
One of the most fun free things to do in Denver on Sunday during the summer is hanging out at City Park.
This trendy area is filled with green spaces, picnic spots, and lakeside trails. And there’s a free City Park jazz concert every Sunday evening from 6-8 PM from June 4th to August 26th (except July 16th).
This is also the perfect place to bring a picnic dinner to enjoy while you’re enjoying the music.
Relax at Oakwell Beer Spa
What better way to end your perfect summer Sunday in Denver and get ready for a new week than by relaxing at Oakwell Beer Spa? It’s the ideal spot to enjoy a date night or hang out with friends.
Oakwell Beer Spa is a unique day spa that offers an unforgettable experience. It’s even been named TIME’s World’s Greatest Places.
Enjoy beer-inspired spa treatments, including a rejuvenating beer bath, infrared sauna, and full-body massage. Oakwell Beer Spa also has a cozy craft beer taproom, perfect for unwinding and enjoying a drink.
Head here to book an appointment for your spa session as late as 9:30 PM.
Other Sunday Activities in Denver
If you’re looking for other fun things to do on Sunday in Denver, here are some other popular activities:
- Watch a baseball game at Coors Field.
- Explore the Denver Milk Market, a bustling venue with various food vendors.
- Shop and dine at Union Station.
- Walk around Lower Downtown (LoDo), a lively downtown neighborhood.
- Walk or bike along the Cherry Creek Regional Trail.
- Drive along the Mount Evans Scenic Highway for incredible views.
- Stroll through River North Art District (RiNo) to see colorful murals, shop, and dine.
- Take a day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park or Red Rocks Park.
Sunday in Denver: FAQs
Let’s answer a few common questions to ensure you make the best of your Sunday in Denver.
What is Denver City famous for?
Denver is known for its beer scene and its ideal mix of city life and nature. While many people consider Denver the perfect winter location for its snow activities, it’s also a fun place during summer. The weather is beautiful, and there are many local events and great activities for relaxing.
What to do Sunday in Denver?
There are many fun and relaxing things to do in Denver on Sunday. Our favorites are enjoying breakfast, hiking in Golden, having locally brewed beers, and relaxing at Oakwell Beer Spa.
What to do in Denver Sunday night?
During the summer, the best Sunday night activities in Denver are going to a free jazz concert in City Park, then visiting Oakwell Beer Spa for a rejuvenating spa session and craft beer.
A Summer Sunday in Denver
We hope this article inspired you to enjoy fun things to do in Denver on Sunday, from enjoying breakfast and hiking to jazz in the park and a spa day.
Start planning your perfect Sunday during summer by relaxing at Oakwell Beer Spa and enjoying local craft beer and brew-inspired spa treatments. Book your spa day here!
By: Polly Clover