May Tap Takeover at Oakwell Beer Spa: Cerveceria Colorado
Denver in May brings flowers and great beer at Oakwell Beer Spa! If you’re looking to treat yourself to a spa day while you enjoy delicious craft beverages, we’re here for you. This month, we’re featuring one of our favorite local breweries, Cerveceria Colorado, and their best brews.
Oakwell Beer Spa is a unique day spa, where you can relax differently with a cold beverage in hand. Each month, we feature a Colorado-based brewery. This May, you can try various beers, including a light ale, a fruity IPA, and a refreshing sour.
Cerveceria Colorado is located in Denver, CO and is the Mexican brewery sister of the big and famous Denver Beer Co Brewery. Their passion is to honor the traditions, flavors, and cultures of Mexico, and they often collaborate with Mexican craft breweries to make some of the best beer around!
In this guide, we’re going to share some fun facts about Cerveceria, what you can expect at Oakwell Beer Spa, and answer some common questions.
Fun Facts About Cerveceria Colorado
Cerveceria has been brewing delicious beers since 2018. Before we take a look at which beers you can enjoy at Oakwell Beer Spa this May, let’s check out some fun facts about the brewery and cool things they’re doing.
- With a goal to honor Mexico’s culture, they use traditional Mexican ingredients, flavors, and processes to create innovative beers. You can find fun ingredients like cinnamon, chilies, nopal, chocolate, mole, lime, and agave.
- Cerveceria has worked with about 10 Mexican brewers over the years to create various unique recipes, including a Horchata Blonde and a Churro Stout.
- They’re known for their unique pairing events like Beer & Tamales and Beer & Ice Cream.
- The brewery’s biggest event, the Great Mexican Beer Fiesta, was held in 2018 and again in 2019. Special beers brewed with Mexican brewers were released at this fiesta that featured a mariachi band, food truck, luchador wrestling, and the world’s largest Michelada made with Venga Mexican Lager. Stay tuned for more fun events like this!
- Aligning with Mexico’s diverse regions, Cerveceria Colorado believes beer is inclusive, collaborative, and celebratory.
- Cerveceria brews beer for beer-drinkers to share with others to build bridges in the community, not walls. #bridgesnotwalls
- The brewery donates a portion of its sales to Latino non-profits in Denver. Some of these non-profits include the Justice and Mercy Aid Legal Clinic, Museo de las Americas, Latin American Educational Foundation, and the National Latino Peace Officer Association.
May Brews at Oakwell Beer Spa
No matter what kind of beer you’re looking for, you can find something delicious from Cerveceria Colorado at Oakwell Beer Spa. From an easy-drinking lager to a fruity sour, there’s something for everyone!
Venga Mexican Lager
Mexican Lager, 5% ABV
As the weather warms up in Denver, this light, easy-drinking Mexican lager is perfect. ‘Venga’ means “come on!” or “let’s do it!” Come on to Oakwell Beer Spa, and enjoy this tasty beer while you relax.
Señor Piña Pineapple Blonde Ale
Blonde Ale, 5% ABV
Appreciate a slice of paradise with this tropical, fruity beer. The Señor Piña Pineapple Blonde Ale is another one that’s easy to drink. It offers a light-bodied, fresh taste that’s smooth and sweet with a trace of light bitterness.
Mango Rico IPA
Tropical IPA, 6.5% ABV
Another fruity dream, the Mango Rico IPA is bursting with citrus, tropical, and stone fruit flavors. It’s even got fresh ripe mangoes for extra deliciousness! Sounds perfect paired with a spa day if you ask us.
Como La Flor
Light Ale, 5.5%. ABV
Awaken your taste buds with this light ale that’s bursting with flavor. Enjoy tastes of rose, lavender, and citrusy hibiscus.
La Fiera Sour
Sour Ale, 5.8% ABV
This fun beer is a collaboration with Cerveceria Caserio, a Tampico, Mexico brewery. Tamarind pulp and fresh guava provide a fruity flavor that’s deliciously complex and refreshing.
May’s Beer Bath Blend at Oakwell Beer Spa
Not only do we serve cold beers and other craft beverages, but we also offer a unique spa treatment that incorporates beer ingredients. Our beer bath hydrotherapy features a meticulously crafted blend of hops, barley, and herbs. Each month, we change our bath blend to feature ingredients from our tap takeover brewery.
Reap the benefits of a beer bath as you soak in a therapeutic herbal blend that’s packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients. We intentionally set the water temperature to 95-100° F to maintain the herb’s advantages.
This May, our beer bath blend is made with Two-Row Pale Malt and Simcoe Hops from Cerveceria’s Mango Rico IPA. It also features our herb of the month, Tulsi (aka Holy Basil).
This nourishing beer bath blend enhances collagen production to help your skin look and feel firm, healthy, and hydrated.
If you’re new to Oakwell Beer Spa and have some questions, we’re here to answer them! We want you to know what you can expect so you can get the most out of your rejuvenating spa day.
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Of course! When you arrive at the spa, you’ll receive a double-wall insulated stainless steel tumbler that you can use in your Beer Therapy™ Room and in the taproom. These special cups allow your beverage to stay cold while you relax in the sauna and beer bath.
If you need a refill during your spa day, you can toss on the robe and slipper you’ll find in your Beer Therapy™ Room and head back to the taproom. You can also use our ring bell system, and we can refill your cup for you.
The only space we ask to keep beer-free is the Relaxation Lounge, where you can enjoy a massage in our Zero Gravity Massage chairs.
So, what spa services do you offer?
We aren’t your traditional day spa, so we offer various unique spa services that allow you to relax differently. In your private Beer Therapy™ Room, you can find a beer bath, infrared sauna, and rain shower. We also have a Relaxation Lounge, where you can experience a hands-off full-body massage in our Zero Gravity Massage chairs.
Check out all of our spa packages here!
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
It works pretty simply, actually! Our cozy taproom oasis offers a fun experience with the self-serve beer wall. All you have to do is follow these easy steps:
- Use the card we’ll give you when you arrive to unlock the taps on the beverage wall.
- Check out our rotating selection of beer, cider, and wine. You can also find tasting notes and the price per ounce for each beverage.
- Choose your drink, scan your card, and pour as much or little as you’d like.
- When your spa day is over, bring your card to the reception desk to pay for the ounces you poured.
Can I just stop by for a beer without a spa treatment?
Absolutely! We love all visitors, including those who just want to enjoy the cozy taproom without booking a spa service.
Does Oakwell Beer Spa have anything else to drink besides beer?
We sure do. If beer isn’t your thing or you’re craving something else when you visit, there are plenty of beverage options to choose from. Aside from craft beer, we also offer wine, cider, kombucha, and tea.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Please do! We invite you to hang out in the taproom for as long or as little as you’d like. Whether you’re looking to spend time with friends, read a book, or enjoy a drink alone, our welcoming taproom is the perfect place for it.
We hope to see you in May to enjoy a spa day alongside brews from Cerveceria Colorado! You can book your appointment online, and feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or check out our FAQs.