June Tap Takeover at Oakwell Beer Spa: Oskar Blues
Are you looking for one of the most unique things to do in Denver this June? Head over to Oakwell Beer Spa and enjoy unique spa treatments along with delicious brews from Oskar Blues (Longmont) Brewery! In today’s article, we’re going to tell you all about this local brewery and what you can expect during your next spa day.
Oskar Blues is a historical brewery right here in Colorado, also in North Carolina and Texas, and we’re featuring 5 of their best beers this month at Oakwell Beer Spa. From their iconic Dales Pale Ale to a citrusy IPA, we have something for everyone.
Along with great beers, you can also enjoy relaxing at our unique day spa. We offer various beer-inspired treatments to help you unwind and reap many wellness benefits.
Fun Facts About Oskar Blues Longmont
Before we get into which Oskar Blues beer you can enjoy at Oakwell Beer Spa, let’s take a look at some fun facts about this cool local brewery.
- Oskar Blues is the first brewery to put craft beer in a can. That’s right! This year is their 20th “Caniversary.” In 2002, they disrupted the status quo and canned Dale’s Pale Ale. And, guess what? You can try this beer when you visit Oakwell Beer Spa.
- A group of like-minded brewers, known as CANarchy, work to bring some of the nation’s highest-quality beer with innovative flavors to beer lovers worldwide.
- Not only does the brewery have 3 locations: Colorada, North Carolina, and Texas, but they also provide their tasty beers to all 50 states and internationally to 17 other countries.
- In 2012, they invented the crowler to create a new way for beer drinkers to take sealed beverages to-go that stay fresh longer. Today, you can find crowlers at breweries all over the country.
- In 2019, 3 Oskar Blues beers were awarded at the 2019 Australian International Beer Awards.
- The brewery partners with various non-profits like Can’d Aid to raise and donate money to build better communities.
- Oskar Blues stands in solidarity with women and holds regular events, which feature women-brewed beer and women-owned business pop-up markets. Proceeds are donated to organizations that support women working in breweries.
June Brews at Oakwell Beer Spa
Whether you enjoy easy-drinking beers or hoppy brews, we’ve got the perfect beverage to enjoy with your spa day!
Lager, 4.2% ABV, 20 IBU
This ultra crisp lager is so smooth and easy to drink that you’ll want another. This is the perfect beer to pair with any spa treatment, any time of day.
Oskar’s Lager, Oskar Blues Brewery
Mamma’s Little Yella Pils
Mountain Pilsner, 4.7% ABV, 33 IBU
Mamma’s Little Yella Pils is Oskar Blues’ first canned lager, and it doesn’t disappoint. This handcrafted bohemian pilsner offers a golden color and rich taste. Many beer drinkers call it their most crushable brew!
Mamma’s Little Yella Pils, Oskar Blues Brewery
Dales Pale Ale
Pale Ale, 6.5% ABV, 65 IBU
Pair your spa day with the beer that started it all! Not only is the Dales Pale Ale the first canned craft beer EVER, but it’s also delicious. It offers robust yet balanced flavors with a hoppy finish.
Dale’s Pale Ale, Oskar Blues Brewery
Thick Haze IPA
New England IPA, 7% ABV, 40 IBU
If you enjoy hops and fruity flavors, the Thick Haze IPA is for you. Enjoy the ultimate pineapple, melon, and mango notes with a thick fog of powerful hops with an aftertaste of grapefruit, tangerine, and lemon peel.
Thick Haze IPA, Oskar Blues Brewery
Western Mutant IPA
West Coast IPA, 7% ABV, 70 IBU
Oskar Blues dug deep to find IPA’s roots while ramping it up with new strong hops. The Western Mutant IPA is sure to impress any IPA lover!
Western Mutant IPA, Oskar Blues Brewery
June’s Beer Bath Blend at Oakwell Beer Spa
One of Oakwell Beer Spa’s most unique treatments is our Beer Bath Hydrotherapy, where your stresses melt away in a bubbly beer-infused bath. We fill a cedar hydrotherapy tub with a blend of hops, barley, and herbs. As you sit back and relax, you’ll enjoy rejuvenating bubbles. Each month our beer bath blend uses ingredients from our featured brewery.
June’s beer bath is brought to you by Oskar Blues’ Dale’s Pale Ale. Our herbal blend is made our herb of the month, Hawthorn and beer ingredients: Columbus, Cascade, and Centennial Hops. It also features Pale, Munich, English Caramalt, and Crystal Malt.
Enjoy this anti-aging bath blend that works to soothe dry, damaged skin while firming fine lines and wrinkles. The herb also contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
If you have a few more questions about your visit to Oakwell Beer Spa, we have the answers ready for you!
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Absolutely! When you arrive for your appointment, you’ll get a double-wall insulated stainless steel tumbler that can be used in our taproom and in your private Beer Therapy™ Room. Your beverage will stay cold as you enjoy it during your sauna treatment, in your beer bath, and while you rinse off in the rain shower.
You’ll also find a robe and slippers in your Beer Therapy™ Room, so you can run to the taproom and refill your cup. We also have a ring bell system if you’d like us to refill your drink for you.
The only place we ask that you not bring your beverage is the Relaxation Lounge, where you can enjoy a Zero Gravity Massage.
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
Our self-serve beer wall offers an exciting experience during your spa day with a few simple steps:
- When you arrive at Oakwell Beer Spa, we’ll give you a card that unlocks the taps on the beverage wall.
- Take a look at the rotating selection of local craft beer, wine, and cider. You can also check out the tasting notes and the price per ounce for each beverage.
- Pick your drink, scan your card, and pour as much or little as you’d like.
- When you’re ready to check out, you’ll take your card to the reception desk and pay for the ounces you poured.
What spa services do you offer anyways?
Oakwell Beer Spa isn’t like other spas because we offer unique services you can’t find anywhere else! Our spa treatments include Beer Bath Hydrotherapy, an Infrared Sauna, and a Zero Gravity Massage. You can experience a rejuvenating spa day alongside craft beverages served in our taproom.
Learn more about each of our spa services and packages here!
Can I just stop by for a beer without a spa treatment?
Please do! We welcome all guests to visit our relaxing taproom whether you book a spa treatment or not. Our cozy oasis is the perfect place to hang out with friends or spend some quality time alone.
Does Oakwell Beer Spa have other drinks besides beer?
We do! We understand some people aren’t that into beer or sometimes prefer another beverage, and we’ve got you covered. Aside from local craft beer, you can also enjoy cider, wine, tea, and kombucha.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Of course you can! The taproom is open for you to hang out for as little or long as you’d like. Feel free to arrive early or stick around after your spa treatments to hang out in the taproom.