July Tap Takeover at Oakwell Beer Spa: Odell Brewing
If you’re looking for something fun to do in Denver in July, look no further! Head to Oakwell Beer Spa for a spa day and beers from Odell Brewing. In this guide, we’re going to share everything you need to know about our July tap takeover and spa day experience.
Oakwell Beer Spa is a unique day spa in Denver, Colorado, offering a cozy taproom and spa in one. We feature a local brewery every month and share 5 of their best brews with our guests. We’re so excited to be showcasing Odell Brewing this July.
This month, you can experience unique spa treatments while you enjoy tasty craft beers made by Odell Brewing Co. Let’s learn more about this local Colorado brewery and what beers (& maybe wine!) you can try when you visit Oakwell Beer Spa.
Fun Facts About Odell Brewing
Odell Brewing Co. is one of Colorado’s best breweries. They were founded in 1989 and have been making delicious beers ever since. Today, they’re known as a brewery that believes “experimentation leads to innovation.”
Let’s take a look at some fun facts about Odell Brewing:
- They’ve been a proudly independent brewery since they were founded in 1989 by Doug Odell, his wife Wynne, and his sister Corkie.
- Today, the brewery is 100% employee-owned. Most of the company was sold in 2015 to several Odell coworkers, and its independence inspires owners and brewers to continue exploring new flavors and creating unique beers.
- Not only does Odell have its brewery home in Fort Collins, but they also have a brewhouse in Denver and Sloan’s Lake. They have a winery in Fort Collins, too.
- Odell Brewing Co. is dedicated to giving back to the community and fostering relationships with local nonprofits. So far this year, they’ve partnered with Denver Children’s Advocacy Center, The Coalition for the Poudre River Watershed, Sproutin’ Up, and SafeHouse Denver.
- They’re committed to making mindful business decisions that focus on eco-friendliness. They’ve made custom modifications to their brewery to save water and conserve energy. Odell even sets specific sustainability goals to work towards, like producing zero landfill waste by 2025.
- Odell also innovates with the community by cofounding BreWater, working with local sustainability groups, and offering an electric charging station at their brewery for the public to use.
July Brews at Oakwell Beer Spa
We’re really changing things up this July at Oakwell Beer Spa with a special assortment of delicious beers and even a white wine spritz. These options are perfect summertime beverages and go great alongside a relaxing spa treatment.
White Wine Spritz, 6.5% ABV
Remember when we mentioned Odell Brewing also has a winery? They’re keeping things interesting around here with their fizzy, refreshing wine spritzer. It’s made with Pinot Gris grapes, guava, pineapple, and sparkling water. Get ready to enjoy a day at the spa with a side of tropical vacation vibes!
Crispy Lager, 5.0% ABV
This easy-drinking light and bright lager perfectly pairs with a spa treatment. It offers faint notes of biscuit and honeysuckle. There’s a good chance you’ll want to have another!
Fruited Sour, 5.0% ABV
This fruited sour ale is the ideal summertime beer. The Sippin’ Lemonade is delightfully effervescent and refreshing. It’s brewed with real lemons and cane sugar for a sweet and delicious brew.
Peach Stand Rambler
Blonde Ale, 5.1% ABV
The Peach Stand Rambler is another fantastic summer beer. This crisp blonde ale is brewed with Palisade peaches and features subtle notes of maltiness and candied apricots. It’s refreshing and bright like a Colorado sunset!
Hazy IPA, 7.0% ABV
If an adventurous spa day is on your agenda, you’re going to love this fun hazy IPA. This is Odell Brewing Co.’s new year-round IPA, and it’s delicious. It engulfs the palate with juicy passion fruit and citrus notes, offering a slight pine resin finish.
July’s Beer Bath Blend at Oakwell Beer Spa
At Oakwell Beer Spa, our signature spa service is the Beer Bath Hydrotherapy. During this unique treatment, your stresses melt away while you relax in a bubbly beer bath.
Our therapeutic herbal beer bath contains ingredients from our featured brewery, and it’s packed with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. It’s set at a warm temperature, between 95-100°F, to preserve the herbs’ benefits.
Note: You can ask for your beer bath temperature to be lowered if you’d like.
This July, the beer bath uses Cashmere Hops and Pale & Crystal Malt from Odell Brewing’s Hazer Tag IPA. The bath blend also features our herb of the month, Blackberry Leaf.
This beer bath blend is toning and brightening. It firms fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing out your skin.
Read more about beer bath benefits here.
To help you prepare for the ultimate spa day alongside delicious beers, let’s take a look at some common questions.
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Of course you can! Enjoy your spa day and hang out in your private Beer Therapy™ Room as you sip on your Odell Brewing Co. beer. We only ask that you not take your beverage into the Relaxation Lounge, where you can experience a unique Zero Gravity Massage.
Learn more about Oakwell Beer Spa experience here!
What spa services do you offer anyways?
Your Private Beer Therapy room features a relaxation deck, rain shower, sauna, and cedar hydrotherapy tub.
We also offer various group and party spa day packages.
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
One of our most remarkable features is our self-serve beer wall that’s actually pretty straightforward to use with these easy-to-follow steps:
- When you arrive at Oakwell Beer Spa, you’ll get a card that unlocks the taps on the beverage wall.
- You can check out the rotating selection of Odell Brewing beer. We also have cider and wine if you’re looking for something else. Along with each drink, you’ll find tasting notes and the price per ounce.
- Pick your drink, scan your card, and pour as little or as much as you’d like.
- When you’re ready to check out, you can bring your card to the reception desk and pay for the ounces you poured.
Can I just stop by for a beer without a spa treatment?
Absolutely! We love for visitors to stop by and have a beer anytime. No need to book a spa treatment. Our cozy taproom is an excellent place to relax and enjoy a beverage.
Does Oakwell Beer Spa have anything else to drink besides beer?
We do. We understand beer might not be your thing, or you may be in the mood for something else, so we offer a few different options. Aside from beer, we also have kombucha, cider, and wine.
Don’t forget that you can also enjoy a white wine spritz from Odell this July at Oakwell Beer Spa.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Please do! Our taproom is a cozy oasis that offers a great space to hang out before and after your spa treatments. Feel free to kick back, read a book, hang out with friends – anything you’d like!
See You at Oakwell Beer Spa
A spa day pairs perfectly with delicious beverages from Odell Brewing. We hope to see you at Oakwell Beer Spa in Denver, Co. this July!
Interested in creating your own DIY spa day at home? You might be interested in reading this article!