DIY Spa Day: How to Have a Relaxing Spa Day at Home
Are you craving a relaxing spa day at home or hoping to create an experience for a loved one? If so, you’re in luck because we’re here to share our top tips for creating the ultimate DIY spa day.
Whether you’re in need of some self-care, you’re planning a spa night date, or you want to create a spa day for someone else, this guide will tell you everything you need to know. We’ll also share some of our favorite spa products.
You might also be interested in reading: A Practical Self-Care Sunday: 25 Ideas to Recharge
Benefits of a DIY Spa Day
Treating yourself to spa treatments at home offers many benefits.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Taking the time to relax, warm baths, and massages allow your mind and body to rest. It also helps if you’re struggling with sleep disruptions, body aches or pains, or a medical condition that causes stress and anxiety.
- Detoxification: Massages, dry brushing, and warm showers help your body to get rid of toxic substances. This is a sure way to look and feel better.
- Better sleep: Indulging in a spa day can help with stress, sleep disorders, chronic pain, and medical conditions. As you alleviate some of these symptoms, you’ll likely notice improved deep sleep.
- Anti-aging: Spa treatments like baths and massages that offer deep cleansing, detoxification, and better blood flow can tackle signs of aging, including wrinkles, dry skin, and uneven skin tone.
- Improved hair and skin: Spa treatments can help remove dead skin cells, offer nourishment, and deeply cleanse to enhance the skin and hair. Some of the best treatments for improved hair and skin are massages, facials, hydrotherapy, and masks.
- Pain relief: Warm showers, hydrotherapy, and massages can reduce inflammation and alleviate joint and muscle pain. That’s why at-home spa days are perfect for athletes, people who sit at a desk all day, and those who have experienced an injury.
- Enhanced immune system: Hydrotherapy and massages can improve blood flow. Better circulation increases the white blood cells that help our bodies fight off illnesses and diseases.
- Overall wellness and happiness: Studies show that self-care helps us “achieve, maintain, or promote optimal health and well-being.”
To learn more about spa day benefits, you might be interested in reading this article.
How can I make a spa day at home?
The best part about creating an at-home spa day is that it can be whatever you want it to be. No matter how luxurious or simple you want your spa treatments, the list of DIY spa ideas below offers something for everyone. Best of all, you only need a few supplies.
Tip: If you’re short on time, you can pick and choose the ones you want to try and even do some of these at one time.
Below we’ll share details on how you can create a rejuvenating DIY spa day at home with our favorite products. If you’re looking for a quick list of ideas, here you go:
- Set the tone with a candle and a delicious drink.
- Dry brush your skin.
- Use a hair mask.
- Apply an eye mask.
- Take a warm bath and/or shower.
- Do an at-home manicure and pedicure.
- Massage your hands, feet, and face.
- Enjoy a nap or a good night’s sleep.
Set the mood.
The most important part of having a successful relaxing spa day is creating a spa-like atmosphere. Here’s how:
- Start with a clean space free of clutter.
- Light a candle (or a few) that smells good and creates a cozy vibe.
- Turn on some calming music or your favorite podcast to relax to.
- Put on a lush, comfortable robe and have a soft towel ready.
- Use an essential oil diffuser or spray to enhance calmness. Lavender is great for relaxation!
- Make yourself a delicious drink. We love a nice cold beer, cocktail, kombucha, or wine in this double-insulated tumbler.
Dry brush your skin.
Dry brushing is one of the latest skin care treatments that can be the perfect addition to a DIY spa day. Using a brush with firm, natural fiber bristles to brush your dry skin offers many advantages.
Dry brushing exfoliates dead skin, helps your body eliminate toxins, increases circulation, and reduces cellulite. This can result in skin that looks and feels clean and youthful!
Use a hair mask.
Give your hair the ultimate nourishment with a hair mask. All you have to do is work it into your hair, then leave it in while you take a warm bath or shower. After it sits for a little bit to work to restore and rehydrate your hair, you can rinse it out.
Create your own healthy hair mask by steeping green tea leaves in hot water. Then, let it cool, and add a few drops of honey. Pour it into a spray bottle and spray it throughout your hair.
Apply an eye mask.
Eye masks are a great way to reduce dark circles or puffiness. They also help relieve tired eyes after a long day or week of work.
These DIY eye mask recipes can be easily made with products you might already have at home.
Like with a hair mask, you can wear your eye mask during a bath or other spa treatments. Who says we can’t multitask self-care?
Take a warm bath and/or shower.
Most of us can agree that the best part of a DIY spa day at home is taking a long warm bath or shower.
If you can, take a warm bath for many wellness benefits like relaxation, pain relief, better sleep, and more. Take your bath to the next level with this Herbal Beer Bath Tea, which contains an uplifting, aromatic blend of herbs, hops, and malted barley. You can also use essential oils, bath salts, and bath bombs in your bath.
To exfoliate dead skin in the shower and boost your circulation, you can use a body scrub or make your own natural exfoliant with coconut oil and coffee grounds.
This step is especially important after bathing since warm water can dry your skin out. Using a moisturizing lotion is also a great way to soften your skin while you give yourself a simple at-home massage to get your blood flowing.
Do an at-home manicure and pedicure.
If manicures and pedicures are your thing, this is an easy spa treatment to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. You can keep it low-key by filing your nails and moisturizing your cuticles. Or take it up a notch with some polish, too.
Massage your hands, feet, and face.
As we mentioned, massages can be wonderful for our overall well-being.
Massaging your hands, feet, and face (or having someone give you a body massage) can release muscle tension, increase circulation, and alleviate aches and pain. A massage also offers relaxation to improve your stress levels and sleep.
Enjoy a nap or a good night’s sleep.
One of the best parts of a spa day is its relaxation effect. After you’ve finished your rejuvenating self-care session, your mind and body should feel so calm. So, now it’s time to take a nap or enjoy a wonderful night’s sleep!
Carry your spa day into your bedroom with a candle and a good book.
DIY Spa Day FAQ
Have a few at-home spa day questions? We’d love to answer them!
How to do DIY spa day?
The best way to do a DIY spa day is to schedule a time when you can fully relax for at least 1 hour. Mark your calendar and gather your supplies.
When it’s time for your at-home spa day, make your environment as calm as possible. Candles and quiet music are best for this.
Here is an easy-to-follow at-home spa day routine.
- Light a candle and play some quiet music.
- Make a refreshing beverage.
- Apply a nourishing hair mask.
- Draw a warm bath and add a relaxing bath blend. Soak before showering and rinsing out the hair mask.
- Nourish your skin with a body lotion.
- Give yourself a manicure and/or pedicure.
How to make spa day face masks?
One of the best simple face masks you can make to hydrate your skin is to mix half an avocado, a tablespoon of honey, and 1/4 cup of oats. Massage your face with the mix and let sit for about 10-15 minutes before washing off.
What are some tips for planning a hot tub or spa at home?
You can create your very own “hot tub” experience at home by drawing a very warm bath. Using something like this herbal bath tea can enhance your experience by offering relaxation and nourished skin.
Take your spa treatment up a notch with a candle and quiet, calming music.
Enjoy Your DIY Spa Day!
We hope we’ve inspired you to treat yourself to the perfect home spa day or night. Whether you’re looking to spend quality time with yourself or a loved one, this is one of the best ways to do it. Or, if you’re planning a spa day for someone else, we bet they’ll love it!
To create the ultimate spa day experience, grab some all-natural at-home spa day items from Oakwell Beer Spa to be delivered right to your front door. Shop here!